Donnerstag, 21. September 2017

Take me back to Austin!

Today we took a trip to Austin with our Interns Mica and Enrique. It took us 1 ½ hours and about 80 miles when we arrived.



First, we visited the Capitol. It is a very huge, impressive and beautiful building! It reminds me of the Capitol in Washington DC but this one in Austin is 4.5 meters higher. I expected the inside of the building to be as beautiful as then outside. And I didn’t get disappointed! High ceiling, antique furniture made of wood and big windows that show a perfect view on Austin downtown. It was simply amazing. 


         


After that we went to Torchy’s. And guys this was the most delicious meal I have eaten since I am in America. We first got nachos with guacamole and a chili-cheese sauce. Those were the tastiest nachos I have eaten in my entire life! We also had a breakfast taco and a regular taco which I really enjoyed. I recommend everyone to go and eat at Torchy’s. It is so awesome and cheap!  




We also went to a graffiti park which was pretty cool. It was fun seeing all the pictures on the wall. After that we went Kayaking and this was such a great experience! The weather was simply perfect. On our right and left side were many trees and right in front of us the skyline of Austin. I was in one Kayak with Melita and we were such a good team together and had just so much fun. We both wished we could do it longer than “just” one hour. At the end of the Kayaking Maria, Persis, Chioma, Mica, Nadja and I jumped into the lake and swam.





This day in Austin was one of my biggest highlights during my time in Texas and I will never forget it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen