Freitag, 1. September 2017

Welcome to my journey

Hello everyone! This blog will be about my time at the Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. I am part of the Fulbright-Diversity-Program and there are only three days left till this three-week journey starts. 


First of all some main facts about me:
My Name is Florentina, I am 19 years old and  I am currently studying law in Hamburg. Since I  can remember one of my biggest dreams is to become a lawyer. Helping people was always a big part of my life, so I am very happy that that I found a profession which fascinated me that much and simultaneously gives me the possibility to help those who deserve a second chance or were treated wrong. In my free time I love reading, playing volleyball and hanging out with my friends. 

To be honest I am very nervous. It is the first time I leave my home for such a long period and visit another continent. Traveling to America was always one of my biggest dreams because it is known as a country which gives people the opportunity to dream big and achieve everything they want, if they work hard enough for it. I think the USA is the best place to expand my horizon in so many different ways, be it cultural, social or on a political level. I want to learn more about the American education system and find out, if I would succeed. The three courses I will join are Mass Media, American Politics and Environmental Studies. I am really looking forward to all the new things I will learn. 

I had the pleasure to meet the other scholars in Berlin and although we just had two days together we connected as soon as we got to know each others characters. I am pretty sure, we will make many experience and have a great time and fun together!

(Persis, Me, Chioma and Maria in Berlin)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen